Primary goal of our company is the development of starter cultures for the dairy industry.
For this purpose Lactina’s scientists executed large scale program for isolation of unique strains of lactic acid bacteria from natural sources in ecologically preserved areas in Bulgaria – Rila, Pirin, mountain Rodope and the Balkan mountain chain. This isolation project laid the foundation for the creation of a collection containing diverse frozen and freeze-dried strains of different of bacterial species, and which is continuously enriched with new isolates.
Many of the of our single-strain cultures are patented and deposited in the National Bank for Industrial Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Sofia, Bulgaria (NBIMCC).
Establishment and application of original Bulgarian starter cultures for dairy products is of major priority for our company. In this way we contribute to the preservation and production of traditional authentic Bulgarian yoghurt, white and yellow cheese.
Lactina Ltd. offers abroad various combinations of freeze-dried starter cultures for production of different types of yoghurt with firm and with broken coagulum, with fruits and other supplements, as well as European-type cheeses.
The advantages of our starter cultures are:
- formation of traditional taste, aroma and texture of the yoghurt
- original cultures with proven identity and symbiotic cultures for yoghurt production
- free of genetically manipulated microorganisms
- selected set of multistrain phage-resistant starter cultures with participation of four strains Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus
- Lactina Ltd. is focused on the elaboration of starter cultures based on local lactic acid bacterial strains with proven geographic identity from Bulgaria and Balkan peninsula, which are established as stable symbiotic cultures via natural selection through the ages of traditional yoghurt production.